The Simple LMS is based on the philosophy: start as simply as possible and grow as needed with just the features and structures needed. Thus, the Simple LMS is a barebones LMS system created on a capable and scalable CMS (Content Management System) platform.
A simple LMS can be built on Drupal 7, and so has hundreds of available modules that can be easily added, as needed, for functionality and expansion. Drupal is also easy to customize (using PHP and CSS) for features and functions that are too custom to be already available as modules.
This start-simple philosophy assumes that three areas will all be growing and developing together, over time, at a rate dictated by the will and resources of the company:
- the development of in-house custom courses and materials;
- the development of in-house staff dedicated to staff development and company learning; and
- the development of company policies, learning metrics, and process for learning paths.
Starting as simply as possible means that the company’s needs and direction will determine the growth and development of the LMS to match.
This course is intended as introductory, and does not include any tutorial content for using specific LMS.
This instructor led session is designed to be delivered on-line in a 1 hour time frame, or in-person in a 1.5 hour interactive format. While there will be time for questions about specific networks, the focus will be on understanding the fundamentals, functions, comparing and contrasting various networks.
At the end of this program you will be able to:
1. List pro's and con's between a simple LMS and a feature-loaded LMS.
2. Explain the difference between SCORM import and export capabilities.
3. Outline a LMS policy for your organization with reasons for each decision.
4. Complete research for designing a simple LMS for your organization.
This Course is Recommended:
• Available online for individuals or small work teams.
• For Regional, State or local association events.
• To support a firm's or organization's internal curriculum.
No participant minimum required to book this session.
Katin Imes is an experienced software developer, project manager, and a UX/systems designer. His passion and mission is creating access to the skills, tools, and knowledge that let people thrive in the Information Age. Specialties include: social networking software systems, online courses and LMS (Learning Management Systems), CMS (content management systems), online communities, e-commerce, Drupal, and Open Source. He has developed and managed web systems since 1996, the earliest days of the web, including server operations, hosting, security and encryption, e-commerce, and advanced back-end functionality.
Contact us about your session questions today; we're happy to help!